SPIN РИНЦ: 5010-4720
Scopus AuthorID: 56956995200
Vitaly Nagornov has 18 years of research experience in the field of international relations, economic development, online ranking. Mr Nagornov has published more than 30 scientific publications in peer-reviewed Russian and foreign journals. He participated in more than 50 international research projects, took part in more than 50 intergovernmental events organized by the Russian ministries and international organizations, reported on more than 50 conferences. Area of interests: interactive distance learning, BI, big data.
Education and Degrees in Economics
PhD: University Jean Monnet Saint-Etienne, 2007
Candidate of Sciences: Saratov State Socio-Economic University, 2007
Master’s joint degree: EMLYON Business School, University Lyon 2, University Jean Monnet Saint-Etienne, 2004
Diploma: Saratov State Socio-Economic University, 2003
Participation in Editorial Boards
Member of the Editorial Board of Central Asian Journal of Water Research (CAJWR)
Participation in Associations
Member of the International Network of Evaluators EVALSDGs
Law and Economics of Mergers and Acquisitions, Master
L’organisation : de la théorie économique à la socio-économie, Online
2020-now Senior Researcher, Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO).
2015-now External consultant and independent evaluator: National Training Foundation (NTF), Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, National Institute for Accreditation of RusAccreditation.
2010-2016 Director, Research Center for International Cooperation and Development, National Research University Higher School of Economics
2010-2016 Researcher, International Organisations Research Institute, National Research University Higher School of Economics
2007-2009 Consultant, InterParteneriat LLC
2004-2006 Researcher, Center of economic research, University Jean Monnet Saint-Etienne
2003-2005 Researcher, Saratov State Socio-Economic University
- Evaluation of IDA programs // Assessement of Russian’s foreign economic activities. December 07, 2017, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA)
- Online tools and educational resources for the purpose of IDA // X RISA Convent «25 Years of Russian Foreign Policy», December 8-9, 2017, MGIMO
- Methods of scientific forecasting in the digital age // Science, Society, Communication: Overcoming the Gap, November 11, 2016, Russian Academy of Sciences.
- “Evaluation of International Development Assistance Programs”. Moscow: Alex. 2017.
- Benchmarking of ranking systems: a way to find indicators of excellence / Reports. XVII April international academic conference on economic and social development. HSE, 2016. (Annotation, full version)
- University and region: partners, connections, interactions. Assessment of the influence of North-Eastern Federal University in Yakutsk (NEFU) on regional development / Moscow, Logos, 2014.
- Assessment of the influence of NEFU im. M.K. Ammosov for regional development of the territory on the basis of network analysis (2014)
- A Review of Soft Power Tools in the Foreign Policy of Major International Actors for Streamlining the Russian Federation Actions in Cultural and Humanitarian Spheres (Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States, Compatriots Living Abroad and International Humanitarian Cooperation (Rossotrudnichestvo), 2013)